Why do we clean in the Spring?
Spring marks the end of these long harsh Toronto winters. It’s rainy season, when all of mother nature’s waters wash away the dirt & grime left over after the slushy snow melts down. Rain & water signify purity & cleanliness – so it’s the perfect time to put effort into purifying & cleaning your home!
Pulling out the rubber gloves & cleaning the bathroom top to bottom might not be your ideal way to spend a rainy Saturday (I’d prefer a book & some tea myself…), but when the following Saturday is bright & sunny you’ll be happy you did!
The best way to keep motivated when you’re lacking energy is to have a checklist.
Even though checking off a simple task like cleaning the back-splash may seem menial, it’s a check of accomplishment that takes you one step closer to your goal. Surprisingly, it actually does help keep you motivated too! It also ensures you don’t miss any important steps & gives you a starting point if you’re not sure what to tackle.
I’ve created an easy to download Spring Cleaning Checklist to help guide you!
A Few Tips To Get You On Your Way!
- Make A Schedule
– you’re halfway there with a checklist!
– read my blog “How To Declutter Your Wardrobe” if you haven’t already!
- Always Clean Top to Bottom
– there’s nothing worse than vacuuming before you clean your counters, then having to re-vacuum!
- Don’t Shortcut
– you’ll regret it later, trust me!
- Move Furniture With Care
– cleaning is important, but not worth scratching your floors!
- Let Spring Cleaning Set A New Standard
– it’s easy to fall back into old habits, but try not to!
Lara Stasiw • Real Estate Agent & Home Design Connoisseur
You made it to the end! THANK YOU!!
If you’re not exceptionally bored by my run-on sentences & bad humour, keep reading!
My other blogs cover topics on Real Estate, Home Design & Decor, & the Community.
For updates on new Blogs, Home Improvement Tips, A Community Spotlight & Real Estate FAQ’s, sign up for my Newsletter! I only send it out once a month.
(Naturally, there’s a market update too!)